Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Payment in Full" (St. John;1953)






This aptly named five-page tale from "Strange Terrors #6 (Jan.1953), originally published by St. John and featuring story & art by Ben Brown and David Gantz closes out my "Strange Terrors" month. This massive issue had some hits & some misses, but it was a pleasure to present it to all of you throughout the month. I actually ended up having far more overall material to post than I needed, so please suffer along with me this week as I squeeze in a few leftovers, even as the Catacombs settles back into some semblance of normalcy.

"Payment in Full" details the lengths that some poor sap goes to please his gold-digging lady love - who really doesn't give a rats backside for him - and the ultimate cost that will be exacted.

Happy Halloween and don't miss the exciting cable premiere tonight at 10pm of "The Walking Dead" on American Movie Classics.

No comments: